Friday, October 31, 2014
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Monday, October 27, 2014
Sunday, October 26, 2014
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
Missionary, Religious founder (Claretians),
Social reformer, Q
ueen's (Spain) chaplain,
Writer and publisher, Excellent/renowned preacher
Survived 15 assassination attempts
Great devotion to Eucharist and Immaculate Heart of Mary
Said of him... "never without a rosary in his hands"
More on St Anthony Mary Claret:
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Click here: St. John of Capistrano - YouTube (2 mins)
Click here: St John of Capistrano - Oct 23 - YouTube (2:30 mins)
"One could try to make a classification of the saints. Some were founders of nations, others were organizers of nations, still others were founders of religious orders. Then, there is a category of saints who were the defensive walls of the House of God. They constitute a kind of saint whose principal goal is to fight, to destroy the enemies of God. They have the capacity to put fire in souls to stimulate them to the defense of God, to lead them to combat. And in the combat they know how to sustain the courage of the good as well as how to attack the enemies. Doing this, they defend the walls of the House of God. Such is the mission of this category of saints.
Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Monday, October 20, 2014
"Let weak and frail man come here
St Paul of the Cross
To the vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience they added a fourth:
to spread devotion to Christ’s passion among the faithful.
Sunday, October 19, 2014
“When we look to this great Pope, this courageous Christian, this tireless apostle,
we cannot but say in the sight of God a word as simple as it is heartfelt and important: thanks!
Thank you, our dear and beloved Pope Paul VI!
Thank you for your humble and prophetic witness of love for Christ and His Church!”
- Pope Francis, 10/19/14
Saturday, October 18, 2014
Friday, October 17, 2014
"I am writing to all the Churches and I enjoin all, that I am dying willingly for God's sake, if only you do not prevent it. I beg you, do not do me an untimely kindness. The only thing I ask of you is to allow me to offer the libation of my blood to God. I am the wheat of the Lord; may I be ground by the teeth of the beasts to become the immaculate bread of Christ."
~ St Ignatius of Antioch, Letter to the Romans
Thursday, October 16, 2014
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
Enthronement and Consecration
of the Sacred Heart as King of the Family
WHEN WE ENTHRONE JESUS IN OUR HOMES, WE PLACE A PICTURE OF HIS
SACRED HEART IN A PROMINENT PLACE TO FOREVER REMIND US
OF HIS GREAT LOVE FOR US AND HOW WE SHOULD GRATEFULLY
LOVE HIM FOR HIS GOODNESS EVERY DAY OF OUR LIVES.