Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Close to the hidden Jesus




 
St Elizabeth of Hungary, when she was a little girl and used to play about the palace with her companions, 
would always pick a spot near the chapel
so that every now and then, without being noticed,
she might stop by the chapel door, kiss the lock,
and say to Jesus,
"My Jesus, I am playing, but I am not forgetting You.
Bless me and my companions. Goodbye."


 
 

St Elizabeth of Hungary
Secular Franciscan Order
1207-1231
FEAST DAY - November 17


 The Charity of St. Elizabeth of Hungary by Edmund Blair Leighton (1853-1922)
The Charity of St. Elizabeth of Hungary
by Edmund Blair Leighton (1895)
 

"How could I bear a crown of gold when the Lord bears a crown of thorns? And bears it for me!"  - St Elizabeth of Hungary
Sta Elizabeth of Hungary, ora pro nobis!

No comments:

Post a Comment