Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Quenching one's thirst...

 
 
 
 
 
 
            "That eternal Spring is hidden
            yet I know well where it flows...
            I know that there can be
            nothing else so beautiful
            and that the heavens and the earth drink there...
 
            I know well that its bottom cannot be found
            and that no one can penetrate its depths...
            Its clarity is never muddied,
            and I know that every light has come from it...
            Well do I know how vast , how mighty is the flow
            of the stream born in this Fount...
 
            This eternal Spring is hidden
            in this living Bread to give us life...
            It is here calling to creatures
            and from its water they quench their thirst...
            This living Fount that I long for
            I see in this Bread of Life..."
 
 
 
St John of the Cross
Doctor (mystical theology) of the Church
1542 — 1591 ~ Spain
Carmelite friar and priest
Co-founder Discalced Carmelites
w/St Teresa of Ávila
FEAST DAY - Dec 14
 
 
 
 
"Where there is no love, put love --
and you will find love." ~ St John of the Cross
 
 
Ste John of the Cross, ora pro nobis!

No comments:

Post a Comment