Monday, January 10, 2011

He draws us to Himself




"He draws us to Himself by grace, by example,
by power, by lovingness, by beauty, by pardon,
and above all by the Blessed Sacrament. 
Everyone who has had anything to do with ministering
to souls has seen the power which Jesus has. 
Talent is not needed.  Eloquence is comparatively unattractive.  Learning is often beside the mark.  Controversy simply repels....  
All the attraction of the Church is in Jesus,
and His chief attraction is the Blessed Sacrament."

Fr Frederick William Faber

 

In continued, concerted prayer in NATIONAL VOCATION AWARENESS WEEK: 

 

Prayer to Know our Vocation

My Lord Jesus Christ, who did die for my salvation, I implore You, through the merits of Your passion, to give me light and strength to choose that state of life which is best for my salvation. Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears. Let me know what You desire from me, and I will do all; and let me especially know in what state You desire me to serve You; make known to me the way in which I should walk, in order to reach heaven.  Loving Mother Mary obtain this grace for me through your powerful intercession. Amen. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment