Thursday, July 14, 2011

"I have given myself to Jesus"



"Bl Kateri Tekakwitha was devoted to the Eucharist
and to Jesus Crucified.  At 4 am she could be seen kneeling
outside the chapel in the snow waiting for it to open. 

She attended three Masses daily and always managed two hours in preparation for Holy Communion and two hours in thanksgiving; and she made frequent visits to the Blessed Sacrament.  Her motto:  "Who can teach me what is most agreeable to God so that I may do it?" "

Louis Kaczmarek
Excerpt from: Hidden Treasure,
The Riches of the Eucharist

 

 Bl Kateri Tekakwitha
1656-1680
Consecrated Virgin
Lily of the Mohawks
Daughter of Christian Algonquin mother
and non-Christian Mohawk Chief
FEAST DAY - July 14


"I am not my own; I have given myself to Jesus. He must be my only love.
The state of helpless poverty that may befall me if I do not marry does
not frighten me. All I need is a little food and a few pieces of clothing.
With the work of my hands I shall always earn what is necessary and what
is left over I'll give to my relatives and to the poor. If I should become
sick and unable to work, then I shall be like the Lord on the cross.
He will have mercy on me and help me, I am sure."

Bl Kateri Tekakwitha, ora pro nobis!

No comments:

Post a Comment