Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saintly advice

He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood will have eternal life
and I will raise him up on the last day.  ~ John 6:54



“The altar points our way
to heaven.”

St. Louis Guanella
 Italy ~ 1842-1915
Founder of the Servants of Charity
Motto:  la Santita salvera il mondo
"Holiness will save the world"
Canonization Day TODAY – October 23, 2011




“Deepen your love daily for the Eucharist.” ~ St. Louis Guanella

St Louis Guanella, ora pro nobis!

More on this new Saint:  http://www.luigiguanella.com/index.html

3 comments:

  1. OH, HOW I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF THE PRIEST ELEVATING THE BLESSED EUCHARIST. I BELIEVE THE ARTIST NAME IS CHAMBERS. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED HIS ART, AND THIS IMAGE IN PARTICULAR. CAN'T FIND IT THO ANYWHERE.

    ALSO THANKS FOR THE MESSAGE WITH TODAY'S POSTING ALSO, SUCH BEAUTIFUL WORDS. THE ALTAR IS SO IMPORTANT PLACE IN OUR WORSHIP, BECAUSE IT IS HERE THAT OUR JESUS BECOMES PRESENT TO US IN ALL OF HIS MAJESTY. AS WE HUMBLY APPROACH THE TABLE OF THE LORD, MAY WE PREPARE OUR HEARTS/LIVES WORTHILY SO THAT THE PRINCE OF PEACE MAY FIND OUR SOULS A PLACE OF WELCOMING JOY, LOVE AND DESIRE TO KNOW AND LOVE HIM BETTER. HE IS AFTER ALL, HIS NAME IS HONEY TO OUR LIPS AND WE SHOULD ALWAYS HAVE A SONG OF PRAISE TO OFFER HIM.

    HAVE A BLESSED DAY JANETTE! JOHN K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ASSURE YOU THAT YOUR SON SPENCER SHALL BE REMEMBERED IN MY DAILY PRAYERS AND SACRIFICES EACH DAY. MAY JESUS CONTINUE TO GUIDE HIM AS HE CONTINUES TO SERVE OUR LORD. YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO BE GOING TO ITALY. JOHN K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - the image's artist could be Chambers. I couldn't find the credit for it when I happed upon the image, but I have a print of one of Chambers' Sacred Heart in my home and it has a similar look.

    A Bishop once told me "Everything flows from the altar" - I have never forgotten - and have used my life to unpack those five words! Sounds like that is your course too!

    Also - many thanks for your prayers and sacrifices for Spencer - our seminarians and, God willing, future priests are in constant need!

    ReplyDelete