Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy and Holy Thanksgiving to ALL!

O Lord that lends me life,
Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.

~William Shakespeare


Render thanks to God.  O great
and good Creator, how much do I owe to you,
since out of my nothingness you have made me
what I am?  How can I ever worthily bless your
holy name, and thank your infinite goodness?”

St Francis de Sales

Gratitude ... goes beyond the "mine" and "thine" and claims the truth that all of life is a pure gift. In the past I always thought of gratitude as a spontaneous response to the awareness of gifts received, but now I realize that gratitude can also be lived as a discipline. The discipline of gratitude is the explicit effort to acknowledge that all I am and have is given to me as a gift of love, a gift to be celebrated with joy. ~ Henri J. M. Nouwen

Consider a gift of gratitude to our Lord through a daily HOLY HOUR or HOLY MASS during the season of ADVENT!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment