Saturday, April 21, 2012

That our JOY may be full...

 
 
"I adore and venerate You as much as ever I can,
though my love is so cold, my devotion so poor.
Thank You for the good gift of this Your
holy Body and Blood, which I desire to receive...
that which You promised through Your truth,
that my joy may be full
…"
 
 
St. Anselm
nee Italy ~ 1033-1109
Archbishop of Canterbury
Benedictine monk, theologian, philosopher
"Father of Scholasticism"
Doctor of the Church
FEAST DAY - April 21
 
 
"O God our God, grant us grace to desire you with a whole heart,
so that desiring you we may seek and find you;
and so finding you, may love you;
and loving you may hate those sins which separate us from you,
for the sake of Jesus Christ." ~ St Anselm
 
 
 
"From the moment of her fiat
Mary began to carry all of us in her womb." ~ St Anselm
 
St Anselm, ora pro nobis!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment