Monday, August 13, 2012

When a Priest Prays Before the Blessed Sacrament



When a Priest Prays Before the Blessed Sacrament

Lord Jesus Christ,
King
who art all meek and humble,
Beloved Friend,and Physician of souls and bodies,
I adore Thee who art present here before me,
with all the love of my heart,
and I thank Thee that Thou hast brought me
into Thy Real Presence

-- to be hidden as Thou art hidden
-- to be silent as Thou art silent,
-- to be welcoming to Thee
as Thou art welcoming to me,
-- to be poor as Thou art poor,
-- 
and to be offered
as Thou art offered
at every moment
to the Father
in this the Sacrament of Thy Love.

O Divine Victim,Thou art the pattern of my life,
and the very form of my consecration to the Father:
hostia pura, hostia sancta, hostia immaculata!
Let me gaze upon Thy Eucharistic Face
so as to become a reflection of Thy Eucharistic Face,
and an image in this world,
at this hour,
of Thy perpetual oblation to the Father
and Thy fidelity to the Church, Thy Body and Thy Bride.
Amen.

Dom Mark Daniel Kirby is Prior of Silverstream Priory, under the patronage of Our Lady of the Cenacle, in Stamullen, County Meath, Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment