Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hearkening to the words of the Word

 
 
Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity prayed:

"O Eternal Word, Word of my God, I want to spend my life in listening to You, to become wholly teachable that I may learn all from You. Then through all nights, all voids, all helplessness, I want to gaze on You always and remain in Your great light."

We come to Holy Mass to hearken to the words of the Word, to be wounded by them, to be espoused by them in such a way that, as the one Body of Christ, we are drawn upward with our Divine Head to the Father in the Holy Spirit. A listening Church will be one in which Saint Paul's goal for the Corinthians is necessarily fulfilled: "power to attend upon the Lord, without impediment" (1 Cor 7:35).  

 

Dom Mark Daniel Kirby
Conventual Prior of Silverstream Priory
in Stamullen, County Meath, Ireland

 

No comments:

Post a Comment