Thursday, March 28, 2013

Death by love (GOOD FRIDAY)

Good Friday
O crux, ave spes unica!
(Hail, O cross, our only hope!)

On the Cross, Jesus "loved me and gave Himself for me" (Gal 2:20).
Each of us can say, "He loved me and gave Himself for me."
Everyone can say that "for me"

~ Pope Francis, First Wednesday Audience, 27 March 2013
   
 
 Christ Crucified ~ Viktor Vasnetsov

"Nature is in mourning covered with darkness during the Holy Hour of the first Good Friday.  The chants of the heavenly Jerusalem are interrupted.  The entire court of Heaven waits in order to receive the last throb of the Heart of the Man-God, the victim of Golgotha.

    Fervant loving souls, we are truly at the summit of Calvary: it is the Holy Hour! 

A loud voice resounds in the heights, a voice that says: "Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit.'  And bending His lacerated Head, Jesus Crucified dies of love.  It is His Heart which out of love for us has brought Him to death.  All glory to His loving Heart which gave us life and which now is stilled in death!" ~ Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey


Souls have all the same price,
which is that of the Precious Blood of Jesus."

~ Blessed Charles de Foucauld



 “We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee -
because by Thy Holy Cross Thou has Redeemed the World.”
"Your love is my only martyrdom.
The more I feel it burning in me,
The more my soul desires you…
Jesus, make me die of love for you." 
~  St Thérèse of Lisieux

No comments:

Post a Comment