Wednesday, May 8, 2013

With a love like hers...

 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Marianne_Stokes_Madonna_and_Child.jpg
 Madonna and Child - Marianne Stokes (1907- 08)
 
 
    "O Jesus, O my beloved Jesus! 
O Jesus hidden here beneath these Sacramental veils! 
Grant that at every moment of my life I may return
gratitude and love to You for Your great love for me!
 
    O Mary, my Mother, our Lady of the Eucharist! 
Help me to offer thanks to Jesus,
and always to prepare myself perfectly
to receive Him with a love like yours."
 
Venerable Concepcion Cabrera de Armida
 
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhclNP8y_mnM3HhXE_euy7AJqe3bbwmxohIltGCAKszKxUWJENZE5orTnEYF6U2qZFfGgt7o6pPgomoz45dKdOIjZPJH33EZlBYeLjPljr03BzKXGfpKeGHHfgKwblF7GPqd2_Bto57vgX3/s1600-h/10.things+of+earth+appear+small+when+one+possesses+the+sovereign+good.jpg



A day in HISTORY:  Today, May 8, is the Birthday Anniversary of St John Vianney - it is also the Anniversary of my First Holy Communion - oh-so-many years ago. Earlier in that week I had contracted the measles, so was home convalescing, but I remember the day vividly! 

When the priest brought the Blessed Sacrament into our home a sweet, holy hush blanketed the living room. The relatives that had gathered to celebrate my private First Holy Communion, reverently bowed very low.  I listened, I watched and I pondered all - fittingly dressed in my lovely crisp, spotless white dress, veil and polka-dotted face broadly grinning.. ~ Janette

Oh, happy, holy day!

Do you remember/can you figure out 
your First Holy Communion date? 

Do HEARTILY celebrate it!

 Translation holy card: "The things of earth seem of little account when one possesses the highest good." HAT TIP: http://dovesandtheeucharist.blogspot.com/ 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment