Monday, March 3, 2014

Sweetest JOY

 Ring out your joy to the Lord, O you just; 
for praise is fitting for loyal hearts. - Psalm 33:1
 
 
"My sweetest Joy is to be in the presence
of Jesus in the holy Sacrament.
I beg that when obliged to withdraw in body,
I may leave my heart before the holy Sacrament.
How I would miss Our Lord if He were to be
away from me by His presence in the Blessed Sacrament!"
 
St Katharine Drexel
American ~ 1858 - 1955
Foundress - Sisters of the Blessed Sacrament
aka 'the anti-Margaret Sanger'
FEAST DAY - March 3
 
 
 “And here is the passive way – to be filled unto the fullness of God. The passive way – I abandon myself to it, not in a multiplicity of trials, extraordinary penances accomplished, practices of great works – but in peaceful abandonment to the tenderness of Jesus, which I must try to imitate, and by being in constant union with his meek and humble heart.” - St Katharine Drexel
 
 
St Katharine Drexel, pray for us!

1 comment:

  1. I love "aka the anti-Margaret Sanger!" Yay for St. Katharine Drexel.

    ReplyDelete