Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No longer I, but Christ...

 I have been crucified with Christ;it is no longer I who live, 
but Christ who lives in me;and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith 
in the Son of God,who loved me and gave Himself for me - Gal. 2: 20

 

“If we do not experience
so frequent and violent attacks
of anger, envy and concupiscence as formerly,
let us give thanks
to Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament,
who has produced these effects in us.”


St Bernard of Clairvaux
  France ~ 1090 -1153
Cistercian Abbot
Founded 40+ monasteries in lifetime
Eloquent preacher
Mellifluous ("full of honey") Doctor of the Church
FEAST DAY – August 20


"There are those who seek knowledge for the sake of knowledge - That is curiosity.
There are those who seek knowledge to be known by others - That is vanity.
There are those who seek knowledge in order to serve -
That is love."
- St Bernard

Some of St. Bernard's writings can be downloaded here.



St Bernard of Clairvaux, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment