Thursday, July 9, 2015

Summons to all: quench thy thirst!

You know that you were ransomed from the futile ways
inherited from your fathers, not with perishable things
such as silver or gold, but with the Precious Blood of Christ,
like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. -I Peter 1:18-19

Crucifixion.jpg (460×617)
Albrecht Durer ~ The Crucifixion


"He opened up for us
in His most sacred wounds
four founts:  
a fount of mercy, a fount of peace,
a fount of devotion, a fount of love
and summons all to quench their thirst there."

St Bernard of Clairvaux  


The
Anima
Christi
The Anima Christi dates back to the 14th century. It is a prayer inviting us to ask our Lord for comfort, strength and guidance in our pursuit of holiness. It remains widely used after receiving the precious Body and Blood of Our Lord in Holy Communion.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me 
Body of Christ, save me 
Blood of Christ, inebriate me 

Water from Christ's side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious
enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints 

and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment