Sunday, October 11, 2015

My heart near Yours...

"Lord, I have looked into your eyes with my eyes. 
I have put my heart near your heart." - St John XXIII

ikona.jpg (400×538)

"O Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament,  
I would like to be filled with love for You;
keep me closely united with You,
may my heart be near to Yours.
I want to be to You like the apostle John.
O Mary of the Rosary, keep me recollected
when I say these prayers of yours;
bind me forever, with your rosary,
to Jesus of the Blessed Sacrament.
Blessed be Jesus, my love,
blessed be the Immaculate Virgin Mary."
 St John XXIII - Excerpt from Journal of a Soul

Icon image: Ann Chapin

Priest-2.jpg (225×254)
  Today is Sunday so this celebration takes precedence in our Liturgy.
As a 4c homily reminds, "The Lord's Day" is "the lord of days"..
but today let us also...

Remember...
St John XXIII
Italy ~ 1881-1963
Pope 1958-1963
Always close to the suffering and the poor
Dubbed by media as "the good Pope"
Feast Day - Oct 11*
*Opening day of Vatican II (1962)
64b67784e36e1b4c05fa4716d2e88fdf.jpg (236×427)

St John XXIII, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment