Monday, December 7, 2015

What the tongue utters, let the heart feel...

  I will listen to what God the LORD will say; He promises peace
to His people, His saints... - Psalm 85: 8

749px-Ile-de-France_students_mass_2012-11-08_n33.jpg (749×599)
   
“The Lord Jesus Himself proclaims, 'This is My Body.'  
Before the blessing of the heavenly words something of another character is spoken of; after consecration it is designated ‘body’.  
He Himself speaks of His blood.  Before the consecration it is spoken of 
as something else; after the consecration it is spoken of as ‘blood’.

And you say, 'Amen', that is, 'It is true.'

What the mouth speaks, let the mind within confess; 
what the tongue utters, let the heart feel."

  St Ambrose
Italy ~ 340-397
Father* and Doctor of the Church 
*One of four original Doctors of the Latin Church. 
He died on Holy Saturday (April 4) in the year 397 AD. 
His feast day in the Roman calendar is December 7, 
the day he was ordained bishop.
Spiritual father of St Augustine
Bishop of Milan
Feast Day - December 7


"One day after he had celebrated Holy Mass, St Ambrose was approached
by a woman afflicted with paralysis who wanted to kiss his hands. 
The woman had great faith in those hands that had
consecrated the Eucharist; and she was cured at once."
(From Jesus Our Eucharistic Love, Fr Stephano M Manelli)


Prayer of St Ambrose

Lord, teach me to seek You, 
and reveal Yourself to me when I seek You. 
For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, 
nor find You unless You first reveal Yourself to me. 
Let me seek You in longing and long for You in seeking. 
Let me find You in love, and love You in finding.

St Ambrose, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment