Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Returning love to Love ...

"Did the apostles gasp in wonder as they heard you say,
"Take this, all of you, and eat it: 
this is My Body which will be given up for you'?

pao_vida_alto.jpg (820×451)

I look upon the Host whenever I am at Mass,
speechless and struck with awe at such humility. 
My life is so full of me - so full of pride -
so full of the need to keep my identity. 

250px-Elevation_of_the_Host_Fr_Lee_Acervo.jpg (250×308)

You are willing to hide Your Glory and Majesty
behind this wafer, so I may gaze at my God and not die. 
You want me to be comfortable in your Presence -
to speak to You unencumbered by the difference in our natures. 

Oh Love, that is not loved,
how can I return Your love?
Wash me clean, dear Jesus, clean of every sin and weakness. 
Cover me over with mercy and forgiveness."

Mother Angelica
The Mass is My Life

No comments:

Post a Comment