Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Same light, same fire of love...

 God is light; in Him there is no darkness. - I John 1:5
 
trevor+-+the+fisherman's+mother.jpg (316×400)
 
"Stir up your faith and seek the eyes of Jesus
through the Eucharistic veils. 
May His gaze and yours meet, be united,
and form together one and the same light
and one and the same fire of love.
 
Why do you look for more?
 Ask Him only to deign to look upon you. 
Tell Him with entire confidence:
'Look upon me and have mercy on me' (Ps 118:132).
Remembering that, as soon as Jesus had looked
on that young man who came to Him,
He loved him,
fear not to tell Him also:
'Look upon me and ... love me!'"

 
Jose Guadalupe Trevino
Excerpt from The Holy Eucharist
 

Image: The Fisherman's Mother by Helen Mabel Trevor

No comments:

Post a Comment