Friday, June 16, 2017

Prayer Before Reception of Holy Communion...

"May every heart love Thee, every spirit adore Thee
and every will be subject to Thee!" - St Margaret Mary Alacoque

 5cac76f896f4f9df8e68916b777ba7dd.jpg (579×429)

Prayer Before Reception of Holy Communion

O God, charity without limit
and mercy without measure,
it is your love that causes you to come to me and it is my hope
that brings me to receive you. I give you my body as a temple,
my heart as an altar and my soul as a pyx.

O Lord, Innocent Lamb,
Redeemer of mercy, noble Child, Jesus,
cover me with your mantle; give me lodging in your Heart, 
envelop me in your kingdom; cure me with your fragrance and charity;
enliven me by your death; hide me in your wounds; 
cleanse me with your blood; bind me with your love and
make me utterly pleasing, according to your Holy Heart, Lord.

Prayer from a pamphlet regarding the Mass
Ireland, circa 1960s
Hat tip:  Kim Thoraldson

Image: Mass at a Connemara cabin ~ Aloysius O' Kelly 

No comments:

Post a Comment