Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Temples of the Holy Spirit...

    (Jesus) said, "I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me 
will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12

65126620.jpg (484×610)
 First Communion ~Alfred Guillou

 "Those whose hearts are pure are
temples of the Holy Spirit."

St Lucy (Santa Lucia)
In Italian, Lucia means "light"
Virgin, Martyr
Sicily ~ 283-304
Patron of blindness and eye problems
Feast Day - December 13


 Sentenced to be defiled in a brothel, Lucy asserted:

"No one's body is polluted so as to endanger the soul if it has not pleased the mind. If you were to lift my hand to your idol and so make me offer against my will, I would still be guiltless in the sight of the true God, who judges according to the will and knows all things. If now, against my will, you cause me to be polluted, a twofold purity will be gloriously imputed to me. You cannot bend my will to your purpose; whatever you do to my body, that cannot happen to me."
St Lucy, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment