Sunday, July 14, 2019

In the little heaven of my heart...

 "Jesus, here is my heart; let it be a little cozy
resting place for yourself." - St Faustina



“Jesus, when You come to me in Holy Communion,
You Who together with the Father and the Holy Spirit
have deigned to dwell in the little heaven of my heart,
I try to keep You company throughout the day…. 
although I am in the company of other people or with our wards,
my heart is always united to Him. ...I then try to 
make it easier for Jesus to pass through me to other souls. 
I go everywhere with Jesus; 
His presence accompanies me everywhere." 

St. Faustina Kowalska
Diary, #486

"The Lord's day is the lord of days" but also ... 
today... remembering...
the Lily of the Mohawks...

 

 St Kateri Tekakwitha
1656-1680
Daughter of Christian Algonquin mother
and non-Christian Mohawk Chief
Consecrated Virgin
"Lily of the Mohawks"
Patroness of ecology and the environment
Feast Day - July 14

"I am not my own; I have given myself to Jesus 
He must be my only love. The state of helpless poverty that may befall me if I do not 
marry does not frighten me.  All I need is a little food and a few pieces of clothing. 
With the work of my hands I shall always earn what is necessary 
and what is left over I'll give to my relatives and to the poor.  If I should become 
sick and unable to work, then I shall be like the Lord on the cross.  
He will have mercy on me and help me, I am sure."- St Kateri Tekakwitha

St Kateri Tekakwitha, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment