Thursday, October 1, 2020

Prayer of the heart...


"Don't drag yourself any longer to His feet.
Follow that first impulse that draws you into His arms.  
That is where your place is." - St Thérèse of Lisieux




"Frequently, only silence can express my prayer. 
However, this Divine Guest of the tabernacle understands all,
even the silence of a child's soul filled with gratitude. 
When I am before the tabernacle,
I can say only one thing to Our Lord:
'My God, you know that I love you'
and I feel my prayer does not tire Jesus."

St Thérèse of Lisieux
aka The Little Flower of Jesus 
and St Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy Face 
France ~ 1873-1897 
Carmelite Nun 
The Story of a Soul (autobiographical) - a MUST READ! 
Co-Patron of the Missions (w/St Francis Xavier) 
Co-Patron of France (w/St Joan of Arc) 
Doctor of the Church 
Pope St Pius X called her "the greatest saint of modern times"
Feast Day - October 1

21722dc42d7555c69de95e08d73b37be.jpg (236×197)

"The only thing I really wish for 
...is to love until I die of love." - St. Thérèse

"I will spend my heaven doing good on earth.
I will let fall a shower of roses." - St. Thérèse

Rosier-Seven-sisters--2-06-2010-015.jpg (599×401)
Seven Sisters roses - Rosa multiflora f. platyphylla


St Thérèse of Lisieux, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment