Thursday, March 23, 2023

To be content always...

But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head. - Psalm 3:3

2259d04e4bd150bc06b5df01d7296531.jpg (293×400)

"The only One necessary to have
to be content
always
is to have our Lord."
 
 
 St Turibius de Mogrovejo
Nee Spain ~ 1538 - 1606
Layman to ordained Archbishop of Lima!
(see YouTube below)
Started First Seminary in the Americas
Patron: Peru, Latin Am. Bishops, Native Rights
Incorrupt
Feast Day - March 23
IMAGE above:  At Prayer ~ F Schurig, circa 1890
 
When Turibius undertook the reform of the clergy
as well as unjust officials, he naturally suffered opposition.
Some tried, in human fashion,
to explain God's law in such a way
as to sanction their accustomed way of life. 
He answered them in the words of Tertullian,
"Christ said, 'I am the truth';
he did not say, 'I am the custom.'"
 

St Turibius, pray for us!
_____________________

+Prayer+Fasting+Almsgiving+

No comments:

Post a Comment