Sunday, July 23, 2023

Buona Domenica...


Good Sunday!
______________________

"Sunday is the core of our civilization, 
dedicated to thought and reverence."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

"What does Sunday, the day of the Lord, 
mean for us?
It is a day of rest and for the family
but first of all a day for Him."
Pope Benedict XVI
___________________________________

This Hymn can be sung to the tune used for
The Glory of These Forty Days
 
Sweet hour of prayer, sweet hour of prayer.
That calls me from a world of care
And bids me at my Father's throne
Make all my wants and wishes known!

In seasons of distress and grief 
My soul has often found relief ,
And oft escaped the tempter's snare
By thy return, sweet hour of prayer. 
______________________
 
"Do not let Sunday be taken from you. 
 If your soul has no Sunday, 
it becomes an orphan."
Albert Schweitzer
_________________________

Photo: Cathedral of St Paul; St Paul, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment