Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Tidying up...

  "Speak for your servant is listening." 
 I Samuel 3:10b


"Above all, we must get to church early 
in order to 'tidy up' inwardly.  
We must have no illusions about our condition when 
we enter the church; we must frankly face our 
restlessness, confusion, disorder. To be exact, 
we do not yet really exist as persons - at least not as 
persons God can address, expecting a fitting response.  
We are bundles of feelings, fancies, thoughts, 
and plans all at cross-purposes with each other. 
The first thing to do, then, is to quiet and 
collect ourselves.  We must be able to say honestly:  
Now I am here.  I have only one thing to do - participate 
with my whole being in the only thing that counts, 
the sacred celebration. I am entirely ready."
Romano Guardini
Preparing Yourself for Mass
(A Must Read! Make it your September book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment