Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart

 “I came to cast fire upon the earth; and would that it were already kindled. (Luke 12:29) We have approached the fire of the love of God. Let us allow that fire to burn in our lives. Let us feed the desire to spread that Divine fire throughout the world, making it known to all the people around us. They too can experience the peace of Christ and find happiness there." ~ St Josemaria Escriva


  In this novena to the Sacred Heart, we ask Christ
to present our request to His Father as His own.
You may begin June 6 through June 14, eve of the Feast of the Sacred Heart 
OR you may begin June 7 through June 15, ending on the Feast itself.

Novena of Confidence to the Sacred Heart
O Lord Jesus Christ, to Your most Sacred Heart I confide this intention. [State your request.] Only look upon me, then do what Your love inspires. Let Your Sacred Heart decide . . . I count on You . . . I trust in You . . . I throw myself on Your mercy. Lord Jesus, You will not fail me. 
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in you.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I believe in Your love for me.
Sacred Heart of Jesus, Your kingdom come. 
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I have asked You for many favors, but I earnestly implore this one. Take it, place it in Your open Heart. When the Eternal Father looks upon it, He will see it covered with Your Precious Blood. It will be no longer my prayer but Yours, Jesus. 
Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in You. Let me not be disappointed. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Amen, amen. Thank you so much for sharing this, Janette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we ever entrust ourselves deeply enough to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, our resting place... Meeting you in prayer, Nancy... PS I just ordered your book yesterday - and anxiously awaiting its arrival!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janette. Yes, the Sacred Heart of Jesus is our resting Place indeed. I meet you in prayer also - God be praised!

      Delete