Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blood of the Martyrs, seed of the Church


The gates of heaven were opened for blessed Stephen,
who was found to be first among the number of the Martyrs and
therefore is crowned triumphant in heaven.  ~ Entrance Antiphon
 

"Thursday the 26th, St Stephen's Day.  I (St Paul of the Cross) was in particular uplifting of soul, especially at Holy Communion;  I wanted to go and die a martyr's death in a place where the adorable mystery of the Most Blessed Sacrament is denied.  This wish has been given to me for some time past by the Infinite Goodness, but today I had it in a special manner; I had the desire for the conversion of heretics, especially in England and the neighboring kingdoms, and I offered a special prayer for that at Holy Communion...." 
Fr Edmund, CP
Excerpt from: Hunter of Souls:
A Study of the Life and Spirit
of St Paul of the Cross



St Stephen
Jerusalem ~  + 35 AD
Protomartyr and Archdeacon
FEAST DAY – Dec 26

St Stephen, ora pro nobis!

No comments:

Post a Comment