Thursday, December 20, 2012

When and how do you pray for our priests?

When and how do you pray for our priests?
Today find responses to original POST this blogspot 11/26/12 - when inquiry made.



“Each day I say a Hail Mary for our pastor; also at each Mass at the “Lord, I am not worthy…” I pray for our Archbishop & various priests by name, especially those who are not obedient, that Jesus Himself will bring them back to the Truth!”   ~ B.K.

“My boys and I pray every night for our priests at bedtime.” ~ Erika

“I pray the Rosary daily...so on Thursdays when the Luminous Mysteries are prayed I offer the 5th Luminous Mystery for our Pope, Bishops, Priests, Deacons, Seminarians & all those discerning Priesthood. I also specifically name our Archbishop/Bishop, Priest, Deacon, and Seminarians at my church and all those I personally know who are not yet in the Seminary yet are discerning the Priesthood (that they may hear "THE CALL" loud & clear).”

 “A few years ago, our parish vocations committee started the custom of printing a prayer card with our parish priest's picture on it, and the "Prayer for Priests" on the back. We have had 3 different priests in the past 5 years so I have 3 of these cards now!  I keep mine on the refrigerator door where I am reminded often to say a quick prayer of thanks for our parish priest and for priests everywhere.” ~ Lisa

“After the homily each day at mass, I make the sign of the cross and say thank for the gift of priesthood and ask Jesus to touch the hearts and minds of our young men and women to consider if they have a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. There is a woman at our church that organizes prayers for an hour a day in the Adoration chapel for our pastor and our associate pastor.”

“I offer a special prayer for priests each evening with my children. I also pray during the consecration that His thoughts, words, and actions may be one with Christ.” ~ Molly

“I pray a rosary daily for them for their strength and deepening of their relationship with Christ!” ~ Angie

“When I pray at Mass every day for my son and the other special priests in my life, I pray that they will have energy and enthusiasm for the work that God has called them to, that they will have rest and balance in their lives, that they will be faithful to their vows and to the Magisterium, that no harm will touch them, and that they will be good and holy priests.” ~ PP

“I pray for priests when they are consuming the Body & Blood of Christ (right before they distribute Holy Communion) ~ Colleen - Here is the prayer…

"Heavenly Father, I ask & beg in Jesus' name, Your richest blessings upon Fr. ____.
Bless him, support him, encourage him.
Purify him, sanctify him, cleanse him.
Forgive him all his sins and heal him body, mind, and spirit.
Empty him of himself, and fill him with Your Holy Spirit
So everything he says and does will be anointed,
So he may lead many souls to Christ,
And may merit for himself everlasting life.
Blessed Mother and St. Joseph, surround him.
Protect him from all evil,
And guide his feet along that very narrow path
Set with so many traps and snares for the feet of priests
And never leave his side until he reaches heaven, his true home.
I pray this same prayer for priests everywhere, but esp for ____ (other priests near my heart)
For any priest who has ever given me any of the sacraments,
For those priests who are most in need of prayer today,
And for those priests whose souls are still in purgatory.
I offer this pray for the newly ordained, for the seminarians, and for an increase of vocations to the priesthood and religious life."
“Mine is simple but orchestrated by God over time. When I pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, He asked me to offer the first ten beads for those who are ill and esp those who will die today (as I am praying, the HS reminds me of specifics of those to pray for). The second ten beads are for those who are sick in mind- the mentally ill, depressed, hopeless, dementia, and those who care for them, the third for those who are sick in spirit- those who have left the church, those who are lukewarm and lazy (the majority of Catholics and Christians) those who have no faith,  those heading for hell without the slightest awareness, the fourth those sinners who appear be lost causes (St. Rita and Jude help me with this one and it's ugly) and the last ten beads for the priests who can restore them to the graces they need through the Mass and sacraments and seminarians who are approaching the altar one day.

Also at Mass, when the priest lifts the cup to his lips, his reflection resounds on the shiny metal. That is when I pray for the priests to be filled with God's grace.” ~ Barb

“My brother is also a priest.  I pray for him and our parish priest in different ways, but one way I like is short and simple:  "Mary, be a mother to Fr. Tony today."  Then I say a Hail Mary for him and insert his name in the prayer.”  ~ Marcia

“I pray for all the clergy when the priest intones the prayer- 'Let us pray for our Pope Benedict XVI, Cardinals, Bishops, priests and all the religious.'

“I pray for the Priest who is offering the Mass.
 I pray for my Parish Priest at Adoration.
 I pray for Priests when I see one.
 I pray for the Priest as we are driving to Mass.
 I pray for Priests when I read about them being martyred.  ie.  St. Maxmillion Kolbe
 I pray for Seminarians...especially, when reading about them in the Catholic Spirit.
 I pray that they will remain close to Our Blessed Mother and under her mantle of protection.
 I pray that each Priest will be safe and protected from any evil and that their needs and issues will be met.
 I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide them to be the Good Shepherd leading their flock.
 I pray with a heart of gratitude that we have good Priests and the freedom to worship God any time and any where.
 I pray that people will show respect for Priests every where.
 I say a short prayer asking God to bless them.
 I pray for men to consider the Priesthood for their vocation.
 Thanks for giving me this opportunity”… Rosemary

“I pray for priests and for more vocations to the priesthood during my weekly hour of adoration on Tuesday evenings.” ~ Sue

 “Our family prays together every night. During that time we mention by name those clergy that have touched us in a special way. Then we also pray for the Pope, (his successor) the Cardinals, Arch Bishops, Bishops, Monsignors, All Priests, Deacons, all Seminarians world wide and those at St John Vianney and St. Paul Major Sem..All of them are dear to our family, (especially a certain Deacon in Rome).”  ~ C.K.

          I love the linking of the prayer with the specific moments of the Eucharist.
             
Beautiful.
                   Only in heaven will souls know the gifts that having been petitioned,  silently rest in the heart of God.
                        But their fruits are immediate.   God hears and answers with the very breath. ~
Laurie

“I pray for the priests and religious esp those in the missionaries:  Every day and several times a day a rosary and if at Adoration 15 minutes reserved for the priests. I believe in praying for those who assist the priests like volunteers of the Maryknolls, Jesuits, the Salesians, the Claretians, all those working on the native American Indian reservation etc I have always felt the missionaries have a very SPECIAL calling and must have a certain grace to do what they do away from the comforts of basic life while some other priests protests too much. Praying the priest remain HOLY is very important to me.”  C.D.

“I pray during my prayer time with the name of a priest on a rosary bead.  Also I pray for them at Mass right after I come back from receiving Holy Communion.  (I mention the names of them)” ~ M.A.

 “I use the Monthly Prayer Request For Priests Calendar each month and pray for those priests that are on the calendar for that month.  At the bottom of the calendar there is a prayer.
The Month of December prayer: Eternal Father, we lift up to you these and all the priests of the world. Sanctify them. Heal and guide them. Mold them into the likeness and holiness of your Son, Jesus, the Eternal High Priest. May their lives be pleasing to you. In Jesus name we pray.
Also I use the prayer of Pope Benedict's, that was taken from June Intentions. I am not sure what year. Here it is: That priests, united to the Heart of Christ may be always be true to the caring and merciful love of God.
                                                             Prayer for Priests
O Jesus, I pray for Your faithful priests, for Your unfaithful and tepid priests. For Your priests laboring at home and abroad in distant mission fields. For Your dying priests . For the souls of Your priest in purgatory. But above all I recommend to You the priests dearest to me. The priests who baptized me, who absolved me from my sins. The priests at whose Masses I assisted and who gave me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion: the priest who taught and instructed me, all the priests in whom I am indebted in any other way. O Jesus, keep them all close to your Heart and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity.                              
Also - I give something up, that I really, really like, and every time I see it, it reminds that I gave it for priests.” ~ Sandy


When the priest lifts the chalice at Mass I pray a prayer of the Handmaids of the Precious Blood: "Our Lady of the Precious Blood, watch over the living chalices of the blood of Jesus." ~ Anne

I pray for all the clergy when the priest intones the prayer- 'Let us pray for our Pope Benedict XVI, Cardinals, Bishops, priests and all the religious.' ~ Ruth

When I was a child and attended a Catholic grade school...the teacher asked us to pray a Hail Mary after each Mass for the Priest who said the Mass. I have continued that, and have taught my children (now adults to do the same) and I still do it and have suggested it to others. We really need to pray for our wonderful Priests and encourage them in their Vocation! God bless you!

At the moment at Mass (Consecration) when the priest lifts up the Precious Blood I visually "wash" Christ's Blood down and over him and all the other priests who have been in our parish, plus others I might recall at the moment. Also, I often entrust priests that come to mind, to the Blessed Virgin Mary for protection, especially for purity.  ~ mary clare


“I look forward to hear how others pray for our Priests & those who are being called, so that I may pick up on one that speaks to me & do the same.” ~ Pat

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer for Priests

LORD JESUS CHRIST,eternal High Priest, you offered yourself to the
Father on the altar of the Cross and through the
outpouring of the Holy Spirit gave your priestly
people a share in your redeeming sacrifice.
Hear our prayer for the sanctification of our priests.
Grant that all who are ordained to the ministerial
priesthood may be ever more conformed to you,
the divine Master. May they preach the
Gospel with pure heart and clear conscience.
Let them be shepherds according to your own Heart,
single-minded in service to you and to the Church
and shining examples of a holy, simple and joyful life.
Through the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary,
your Mother and ours, draw all priests and the flocks
entrusted to their care to the fullness of eternal life where
you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.  


AMEN

BENEDICTUS PP. XVI

No comments:

Post a Comment