Thursday, May 8, 2014

Receive frequently!

 ...Conduct yourselves with reverence during the time of your sojourning,
 realizing that you were ransomed from your futile conduct,
handed on by your ancestors,
not with perishable things like silver or gold
but with the precious blood of Christ...
I Peter 1:17-19
 

 
"Receive the Body and Blood of Christ very frequently.
The sight of a Christian's lips red
with the Blood of Christ terrifies the enemy.
He immediately recognizes the sign of his own ruin.
He cannot stand the instrument of divine victory
by which he was taken captive and cast down."
 
St. Peter Damian
 
 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhclNP8y_mnM3HhXE_euy7AJqe3bbwmxohIltGCAKszKxUWJENZE5orTnEYF6U2qZFfGgt7o6pPgomoz45dKdOIjZPJH33EZlBYeLjPljr03BzKXGfpKeGHHfgKwblF7GPqd2_Bto57vgX3/s1600-h/10.things+of+earth+appear+small+when+one+possesses+the+sovereign+good.jpg

A day in HISTORY Today, May 8, is the Birthday Anniversary of St John Vianney - and also the Anniversary of my First Holy Communion - oh-so-many years ago. Earlier in that week I had contracted the measles, so was home convalescing, but I remember the day vividly! 

When our parish priest brought the Blessed Sacrament into our home a sweet, holy hush blanketed the living room. The relatives that had gathered to celebrate my private First Holy Communion, reverently bowed very low.  I listened, I watched and I pondered all - fittingly dressed in my white dress and veil.  My polka-dotted face held beaming grin and my heart nearly burst! ~ Janette

Oh, happy, holy day!

Do you remember/can you figure out 
your First Holy Communion date? 

Do HEARTILY celebrate it!

Translation holy card: "The things of earth seem of little account
when one possesses the highest good."
 

2 comments:

  1. 14th December is my First Holy Communion Date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feast of St John of the Cross! What an intercessor for you! Memorare heavenward for you now, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete