Friday, August 19, 2016

Be the Heart of my heart...

Prayer by St. John Eudes to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

O Heart all lovable and all loving of my Savior, be the Heart of my heart, 
the soul of my soul, the spirit of my spirit, the life of my life and the 
sole principle of all my thoughts, words and actions, of all the faculties 
of my soul, and of all my senses, both interior and exterior. Amen.

 

"Your most loving Heart, O Jesus,
dwells in this Sacrament
burning with love for us. 
It is there continually performing
thousands of good deeds towards us."


St. John Eudes
France ~ 1601-1680
Priest, gifted preacher and confessor
Encouraged devotions to twin Hearts of Jesus and Mary 
Central theme of his writings: Jesus as the source of holiness, 
Mary as the model of the Christian life.



Dedicated to counsel and defend morally endangered women, 
he founded an association of priests (Eudists) and religious - 
Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Charity 
(later known as Good Shepherd Sisters)
FEAST DAY - August 19



“Our wish, our object, our chief preoccupation must be to 
form Jesus in ourselves, to make His spirit, His devotion, 
 His affections, His desires and His disposition live and reign there.
All our religious exercises should be directed to this end.
It is the work which God has given us to do unceasingly.”-

From: The Life and Reign of Jesus in Christian Souls, St. John Eudes

St John Eudes, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment