Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Leaving our narrowness ...

LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made 
my lot secure.  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; 
surely I have a delightful inheritance. - Psalm 16: 5-6


“To live the Eucharistic life
means to exit the narrowness of one’s own life...


in order to grow into the infinity of Christ’s life.”


St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross
(Edith Stein)
Germany ~ 1891-1942
Philosopher
Convert from Judaism - Carmelite nun
Martyr at Auschwitz
Patroness of Martyrs
FEAST DAY - AUGUST 9

"When night comes, and retrospect shows that everything was patchwork and much that one had planned left undone, when so many things rouse shame and regret, then take all as is, lay it in God's hands, and offer it up to Him. In this way we will be able to rest in Him, actually to rest and to begin the new day like a new life." - St Teresa Benedicta of the Cross

St Teresa Benedicta, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment