Saturday, October 15, 2016

God suffices...

...those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. - Psalm 34:10b

 

“Approaching the Sacrament would at once make
me feel so well, both in soul and in body, that I was astounded.

I would feel as if all the darkness in my soul had suddenly
been dispersed and the sun had come out and shown me
the stupidity of the things I had been saying and doing.

At other times, if the Lord spoke only one word to me…
‘Be not troubled: have no fear’…one word completely cured me.”

 
St Teresa of Avila
 Spain ~ 1515-1582
Carmelite Contemplative, Reformer, Mystic,
Prolific Writer*
*Way of PerfectionInterior Castle,
The Life of Teresa of Jesus (Autobiography)
DOCTOR of the CHURCH
FEAST DAY - October 15 
 Image: St Teresa of Avila Receiving Communion Claudio Coello


 St. Teresa’s most popularly known writing is a brief poem known as her 
“Bookmark”, because it was found in her prayer book after her death in 1582.

Original Spanish:

Nada te turbe,
nada te espante;
todo se pasa,
Dios no se muda.
La pacientia todo lo alcanza.
Quien a Dios tiene nada la falta:
solo Dios basta.


Let nothing disturb you,
Let nothing frighten you,
All things are passing away:
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
Whoever has God lacks nothing;
God alone suffices. 


No comments:

Post a Comment