Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fully alive!


 
 
 
St Margaret of Cortona wrote of Jesus in the Holy Eucharist:


“This morning
my soul is greater than the world
since it possesses You,
You whom heaven and earth
do not contain.”
 
 
 
St Margaret of Cortona
Third Order of St. Francis
1247-1297 ~ Italy
FEAST DAY – February 22
 
 
 
 
 
In 1277, while in prayer, she heard the words:
"What is your wish, poverella (little poor one)?" and she replied:
"I neither seek nor wish for anything but You, my Lord Jesus."
 
 
St Margaret of Cortona, ora pro nobis!

2 comments:

  1. Thank You Jeanette for this beautiful holy card and text by Ste. Margaret Cortona.
    Yesterday's posting was just as meaningful, esp. the the picture of Jesus and the Holy Angels catching His Precious Blood. Thank you for continuing to make this site available, it is awesom.
    I too, have started a blog page it is quite amatueur, but I am slowly learning how to do all of this. It is: avejesu.wordpress.com If you like please stop by and hope you like it. In the meantime, have a Blessed Tuesday! How is Micki doing? I miss her site! John K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know you are still a frequent flyer to the blog. Have not heard from Micki for quite some time. Her email has changed and I don't have the current one. I miss her site too!

    ReplyDelete