Saturday, February 12, 2011

In the Hands of God...

   

 "Meditate on the miracle of the multiplication of the loaves.  Jesus
Christ takes this lifeless thing, this tiny coarse object, this bread,
and by His blessing, it becomes food and life for the entire crowd.
   Why should I not be, in these same divine Hands, the poor
instrument for another such work?  Why should I not be given by God
to souls to uphold and revive them?  I am only feebleness, but strength
will come from Him to souls, and will serve them only in the measure
that He wills. 
    Sweet divine benediction, descend upon me!  Multiply my
prayers, sacrifices, and acts of charity!  Let these fragments of Thy
love in me become warmth and comfort for the spiritually starved,
until the blessed time when Thou, the one Living Bread, shalt
come Thyself to revive and save them." 

Elizabeth Leseur
My Spirit Rejoices

No comments:

Post a Comment