Thursday, February 3, 2011

Listening


 

  
Blessed Elisabeth of the Trinity prayed:

"O Eternal Word, Word of my God, I want to spend my
life in listening to You, to become wholly teachable
that I may learn all from You. Then through all nights,
all voids, all helplessness, I want to gaze on You always
and remain in Your great light."


**********

We come to Holy Mass to hearken to the words of the Word, to be
wounded by them, to be espoused by them in such a way that,
as the one Body of Christ, we are drawn upward with our Divine Head
to the Father in the Holy Spirit. A listening Church will be one in
which Saint Paul's goal for the Corinthians is necessarily fulfilled:
"power to attend upon the Lord, without impediment" (1 Cor 7:35).  

 Fr M Kirby, o.Cist

 

No comments:

Post a Comment