Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fresh spiritual dew


 

Someone once asked the celebrated biologist,
Sir Frederick Grant Banting, why he cared so much
about daily Communion. 

“Have you ever reflected,” he answered, “what would happen if the dew did not fall every night?  No plant would develop.  The grass and flowers could not survive the evaporations and the dryness that the day’s heat brings in one way or another.  Their cycle of energies, their natural renewal, the balance of their lymphatic fluids, the very life of plants requires this dew...” 

After a pause, he continued:  “Now my soul is like a little plant.  It is something rather frail that the winds and heat do battle with every day.  So it is necessary that every morning I go get my fresh stock of spiritual dew, by going to Holy Communion.”

Excerpted from Jesus Our Eucharistic Love
Fr Stefano M Manelli, FFI

2 comments:

  1. Janette, I love what you posted today! It is Beautiful, where did you find this? Thank you for sharing these beautiful thoughts of inspiration, so that others may find solace in them once more.
    I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude for your sweet rememberance of your holy hour for my intentions. I know that there is power in prayer, esp. in the Eucharistic Prescence of Jesus!! May He richly reward you with His Tenderest of Blessings! John K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back 'visiting' again - your comments are always edifying - and direct us to love our Eucharistic Lord more and more!

    ReplyDelete