Monday, February 1, 2016

Bread of the strong...

"Grant that my soul may hunger after Thee, the Bread of Angels,
the Refreshment of holy souls,
our daily and super substantial bread." - St Bonaventure

page15-4769-elijah-fed-by-an-angel-ferdinand-bol.jpg (587×510)

 "Every morning during meditation,
I prepare myself for the whole day's struggle.
Holy Communion assures me
that I will win the victory; and so it is.

I fear the day when I do not receive Holy Communion.

 This bread of the Strong gives me
all the strength I need to carry on my mission 
and the courage to do whatever the Lord asks of me.

The courage and strength that are in me
are not of me, but of Him Who lives in me -
it is the Eucharist." 

St Faustina Kowalska

Image above: Elijah fed by an angel ~ Ferdinand Bol (1663)

  AshWed.jpg (276×183)

This year Ash Wednesday is February 10.
Consider praying the Mass an additional day each week -
or perhaps every day - during the holy season of Lent.
If you already go to Mass every day,
consider planning to pray a Holy Hour each day too!

Be filled with strength and courage!

No comments:

Post a Comment