Monday, February 15, 2016

Wise counsel, wise living ...

"God is more honored by a single Mass than He could be by all the actions 
of angels and men together, however fervent and heroic they might be. 
 ... If we only knew the treasure we hold in our hands!"
- St Claude de la Colombiere

 

"If you are sinful, repent
so that you can Communicate often.
If you are imperfect,
go often to Communion
that you may amend your faults."
 

StClaude de la Colombiere
Jesuit priest ~ France ~ 1641 - 1682 
Eloquent speaker and writer
Exemplary life of holiness
Spiritual Dir of St Margaret Mary Alacoque
Motto: "Trust in God"
Feast Day - Feb 15



"It is in vain that Your enemy and mine (the devil) sets new traps
for me all the time.  He can make me lose everything, except
my hope in Your mercy.  Had I fallen a hundred times, and my
crimes were a hundred times more horrible than they are,
I would still hope in You." -  St. Claude de la Colombiere

 

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins 
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. - I John 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment