Sunday, May 10, 2020

"Do not let your hearts be troubled." ...

Fifth Sunday of Easter

Jesus said to his disciples: Do not let your hearts be troubled. 
You have faith in  God, have faith also in me." - John 14: 1  (Today's gospel)

priest460.jpg (460×260)

“No Christian community
can be built up unless it has
its basis and center in the
celebration of the
most Holy Eucharist.”

Decree on the Ministry and Life of the Priests, 6
Vatican II Document
___________________


Blessed Mother’s Day to all!

05.jpg (400×348)

"A partnership with God is motherhood.
What beauty, what love, what self control
must belong to her who helps God
fashion an immortal soul!" (Author Unknown)

motherpraying.jpg (300×225)


Some have had kings in their lineage,
Some to whom honor was paid.
Not blest of my ancestors - but,
I have a mother who prays.

I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
Oh what a difference it makes for me - 
I have a mother who prays.

Some have worldly success
And trust in riches they've made - 
This is my surest asset,
I have a mother who prays.

My mother's prayers cannot save me,
Only mine can avail;
But mother introduced me to Someone - 
Someone who never could fail.

Oh yes..I have a mother who prays for me
And pleads with the Lord every day for me.
O what a difference it makes for me - 
I have a mother who prays.

Author Unknown

Dearest mothers, thank you, 
...thank you for what you are in your family 
and for what you give to the Church and the world.
And to you, beloved Church, thank you, thank you for being mother. 
And to you, Mary, Mother of God, thank you for letting us see Jesus. 
And thank you for all the mamas.  Let us salute them! - Pope Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment