Monday, October 6, 2014

A Visit - during the Day

Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge - Psalm 62: 8
 
6fad4e06df13d7fb435b7edb59194999.jpg (538×800)
 
A Visit - during the Day
 
   "O Lord Jesus Christ, this day is very busy.  I am distracted and pulled in many directions,  There are concerns, worries, even fears.  I am troubled about duties, failures, things to do that are beyond me.  I come to your presence from the din of life, the noise of the street, from the pleas and demands of others.   And you are here. 

    For a moment I am with you by the Sea of Galilee, on the Mount of Beatitudes, looking at the serene water and the green hills. You say, 'Come to me, all who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you.'  Your presence in the Eucharist reassures me that this is true.

    You will be with me when I leave the Chapel, but then I will not know where to turn my eyes or how to lift my heart.  But here I know. Your signature is on all of creation, on the world about us.  But it is often impossible for me to read.  But here in the silence I am with you.  You invited your disciples, 'Come apart and rest a while.' 

    I am here.  Give me, in these few moments, the fullness of your Spirit that I may know that you are with me, that I may go back to the tasks of life assured that you are beside me.  Than I shall be at peace to do your will.  Amen. "

 Excerpt from Praying in the Presence of Our Lord (pg 65-66)
Fr Benedict J Groeschel, CFR
 
fr._benedict_groeschel.png (229×154)
 
Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord ...
Fr Benedict J. Groeschel, beloved priest and preacher, died on October 3, 2014, 
the vigil of the Feast of St Francis, after complications with an ongoing illness.  He was 81.

No comments:

Post a Comment