Friday, December 1, 2017

Our existence,our goal...

"Our entire existence, our whole being must shout the Gospel 
from the rooftops. Our entire person must breathe Jesus, all our actions. 

large.jpg (615×370)

 Our whole life must cry out that we belong to Jesus, reflect a Gospel way of living. Our whole being must be a living proclamation, a reflection of Jesus." Bl Charles de Foucauld

8088779927_7bded011fa_z.jpg (426×640)

"The goal of every human life should be
the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament."


Bl. Charles de Foucauld
Priest, Martyr ~ 1858-1916
nee France ~ Missionary in the Sahara of Algeria
Inspiration and writings led to the founding
of the Little Brothers of Jesus congregation
Feast Day – December 1

 

Charles returned to the Faith, after living an immoral life.  Regarding his conversion, Charles said,

"The moment I realized that God existed, I knew I could not do otherwise than to live for Him alone.  …My religious vocation dates from the same moment as my faith:  God is so great.  There is such a difference between God and everything that is not."

Prayer of Bl Charles de Foucauld: both prayed and lived...

Father, I abandon myself into Your hands; do with me what You will. Whatever You do I thank You. I am ready for all, I accept all. Let only Your will be done in me, as in all Your creatures, I ask no more than this, my Lord. Into Your hands I commend my soul; I offer it to You, O Lord, with all the love of my heart, for I love You, my God, and so need to give myself - to surrender myself into Your hands, without reserve and with total confidence, for You are my Father.



Bl Charles de Foucauld, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment