Sunday, November 18, 2018

May times of refreshing come...

Repent therefore, and turn again,
that your sins may be blotted out, that times of refreshing
may come from the presence of the Lord. – Acts 3:19

FatherGabrielsNachprimizenMass_1448x10.jpg (402×600)

"I look and look, and turn to look again
at the consecrated Host; its whiteness dazzles me;
its brilliant rays wound my soul to its utmost depths
by revealing to me all its defects and deformities. ...
Who can think himself humble in the presence of Him
who is hidden under the form of bread? ...

Oh, my Lord! In your presence,
I ought to feel nought but shame,
and a deep sense of my utter worthlessness;
but I also feel a great love for You ...
which purifies and transforms me,
and takes me far away from this earth,
to the purest of Hosts, the very abode of Love."

Servant of God Concepcion Cabrera de Armida

  Photo Image:  Fr Gabriel, Canon Regular of St Augustine, Australia

Holy Confessions beget holy Communions...

marc.riboud.confess.jpg (430×289)

"Our misery caused Him to stoop to our lowness.  Even our sins
had a sort of attraction for the abundance of His mercy
and the predilection of His grace.  Our repentance wins Him to us. 
Our love makes earth a paradise to Him..."  - Fr Frederick W Faber

No comments:

Post a Comment