Thursday, December 19, 2019

Returning love... to Love...

"Did the apostles gasp in wonder as they heard you say,
"Take this, all of you, and eat it: 
this is My Body which will be given up for you'?


I look upon the Host whenever I am at Mass,
speechless and struck with awe at such humility. 
My life is so full of me - so full of pride -
so full of the need to keep my identity. 



You are willing to hide Your Glory and Majesty
behind this wafer, so I may gaze at my God and not die. 
You want me to be comfortable in your Presence -
to speak to You unencumbered by the difference in our natures. 

Oh Love, that is not loved,
how can I return Your love?
Wash me clean, dear Jesus, clean of every sin and weakness. 
Cover me over with mercy and forgiveness."

Mother Angelica
The Mass is My Life

This final week of Advent is an ideal time for approaching
our Savior, full of tender mercy, in the sacrament of Reconciliation.
Let us prepare for good and grace-filled holy Communions.

"A contrite heart implies the turning away from sin,
and in this way a sacrifice is offered to God 
on the altar of the heart." - St Vincent Ferrer

57c90af31681a956991614addb2f1057.jpg (403×322)

"Everyone say to himself: 
'When was the last time I went to confession?'
And if it has been a long time, 
don't lose another day! 
Go, the priest will be good. And Jesus will be there, and Jesus 
is better than the priests - Jesus receives you. He will receive you 
with so much love! Be courageous and go to confession." - Pope Francis

No comments:

Post a Comment