Thursday, January 9, 2020

Cloistering the heart...

"Your Face is all lovely and Your heart is all inviting,
but my thoughts alas! go wandering far from You.
Come, O God of my heart,
gather together my scattered mental powers
and fix them upon Yourself.” – St Gertrude


"We come to Holy Mass to hearken 
to the words of the Word, 
to be wounded by them, to be espoused by them in such a way that, 
as the one Body of Christ, we are drawn upward 
with our Divine Head to the Father in the Holy Spirit. 
A listening Church will be one in which Saint Paul's 
goal for the Corinthians is necessarily fulfilled: 
"power to attend upon the Lord, without impediment" (1 Cor 7:35)."

Dom Mark Daniel Kirby
Prior of Silverstream Priory
Stamullen, County Meath, Ireland
Click here: Vultus Christi


 

Saint Elisabeth of the Trinity prayed:

"O Eternal Word, Word of my God, I want to spend my life in listening to You, to become wholly teachable that I may learn all from You. 
Then through all nights, all voids, all helplessness, 
I want to gaze on You always and remain in Your great light."

No comments:

Post a Comment