Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Thou, O Lord, are my portion...

The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; 
surely I have a delightful inheritance. - Psalm 16:6

EUCHARIST.bmp (512×521)


"God, in His promises to hear our prayers, 
is desirous to bestow Himself upon us;
if you find anything better than Him, ask it; 
but if you ask anything beneath Him,
you put an affront upon Him, and hurt yourself 
by preferring to Him a creature which He framed.

Pray in the spirit and sentiment of love, 
in which the royal prophet said to Him,
'Thou, O Lord, are my portion.'
Let others choose to themselves portions among creatures, 
for my part, You are my portion,
You alone I have chosen for my whole inheritance."


St Augustine of Canterbury*
*Not to be confused with St Augustine of Hippo
+605
Italian Benedictine monk
sent by Pope Gregory the Great 
as missionary to England
First Archbishop of Canterbury
Patron of England
Feast Day: May 27

"He who would climb to a lofty height 
must go by steps, not leaps."
St Augustine of Canterbury, pray for us!
______________________

TODAY: Day 6
Novena to the Holy Spirit

Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful,
and enkindle in them the fire of Your love.
 Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created,
And You shall renew the face of the earth.
O God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts
of Your faithful, grant that by that same Holy Spirit,
we may be truly wise and ever rejoice
in His consolation, through Christ our Lord.  Amen.

_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment