Thursday, September 15, 2016

Gift of the Queen...

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. 
When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought joy to my soul. - Psalm 94:18,19

Sacredheart2.jpg (432×517)

“Eucharistic Heart of Jesus,
reign over the afflicted;
become their consolation
through this consecrated Bread,
the gift of the Queen of Sorrows.”

Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey 

sudan_mass_communion_200px.jpg (200×187)

Remembering...
Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows
September 15

 "In martyrs, the intensity of their love mitigated their sufferings,
but with Mary it was different; the more she loved, the more she suffered,
and the greater was her martyrdom." Richard of Saint Victor (+1173)

Our-Lady-of-Sorrows-Section-Banner-640x290.jpg (640×290)

The Seven Sorrows of Mary:
* at the prophecy of Simeon (Luke 2:35);
* at the flight into Egypt (Matt 2:13);
* having lost the Holy Child at Jerusalem (Luke 2:48);
* meeting Jesus on His way to Calvary;
* standing at the foot of the Cross (John 19:25);
* Jesus being taken from the Cross;
* at the burial of Christ.
 




O thou Mother! fount of love!
Touch my spirit from above;

Make my heart with thine accord.

Make me feel as thou hast felt;
Make my soul to glow and melt
With the love of Christ our Lord.

(Excerpt: Sabat Mater sequence)

No comments:

Post a Comment