Saturday, September 10, 2016

O, Jesus, keep them close to Your Heart...

 "By nature, the priest is like all other men; 
through his office, he surpasses everything on earth;
through his conduct, he must be comparable to the angels."
- St Bernard of Clairvoux



carlin-ordinatio.png (404×551)

O Jesus,
I pray for your faithful and fervent priests;
for your unfaithful and tepid priests;
for your priests laboring at home
or abroad in distant mission fields;
for your tempted priests;
for your lonely and desolate priests;
for your young priests;
for your dying priests;
for the souls of your priests in Purgatory.

But above all, I recommend to you the priests dearest to me:
the priest who baptized me;
the priests who absolved me from my sins;
the priest at whose Masses I assisted and who gave me
Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion;
the priests who taught and instructed me;
all the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way (especially...N...).

O Jesus, keep them all close to your heart,
and bless them abundantly in time and in eternity.  Amen.


Daily Prayer of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux


Image:   Ordination ~ Neilson Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment