Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holy remedy

  All praise, eternal Son, to thee,
whose advent doth thy people free;
whom with the Father we adore
and Holy Ghost for evermore.


Last stanza from Hymn On Jordan’s bank the Baptist’s cry


About Holy Communion, St Ambrose once said
with characteristic humility that

“I who sin often,
should receive it often.
I need a
frequent remedy.”
 
  St Ambrose

Bishop of Milan
Father and Doctor of the Church
Italy ~ 340-397
Feast Day - December 7

 
   “The Devil tempts that he may ruin and destroy;
God tests that He may crown.” ~ St Ambrose

Ste Ambrose, ora pro nobis!
 

Make a good confession this Advent in preparation
for good and holy Communions.

 

PRAYER before Holy Communion (St Ambrose)

I beg of you, O Lord, by this most holy mystery of Your Body and Blood, with which You daily nourish us in Your Church, that we may be cleansed and sanctified and made sharers in Your divinity. Grant to me Your holy virtues, which will enable me to approach Your altar with a clean conscience, so that this heavenly Sacrament may be a means of salvation and life to me, for You Yourself have said: “I am the living bread that has come down from heaven. If anyone eat of this bread, he shall live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment