Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Perfect satisfaction!

 
 
“In this Mystery, the Son of God
satisfies all the wants
of our spiritual life.”


Prayer That We May Seek God and Find Him
Prayer of St Ambrose

"Lord, teach me to seek You, and reveal Yourself to me when I seek You. For I cannot seek You unless You first teach me, nor find You unless You first reveal Yourself to me. Let me seek You in longing and long for You in seeking. Let me find You in love, and love You in finding."

  St Ambrose
Italy ~ 340-397
Father and Doctor of the Church
Spiritual father of St Augustine
Bishop of Milan
Feast Day - December 7
 
 
"The Church of the Lord is built upon the rock of the apostles among so many dangers in the world; it therefore remains unmoved. The Church's foundation is unshakable and firm against assaults of the raging sea. Waves lash at the Church but do not shatter it. Although the elements of this world constantly beat upon the Church with crashing sounds, the Church possesses the safest harbor of salvation for all in distress. There is a stream which flows down on God's saints like a torrent. There is also a rushing river giving joy to the heart that is at peace and makes for peace." ~ St Ambrose

St Ambrose, ora pro nobis!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment